Friday, May 24, 2013

An Assembly of Aprons

I just finished a large order of aprons.  Four of them for a family, 2 to coordinate with the kitchen for Mom & daughter, and matching grill aprons for Dad & son.


The grill aprons are a new pattern.  It's a unisex apron, the straps run through a sleeve under the arm so that they are adjustable.  They can also easily be folded up and tied to make them shorter, so its a very versatile style.  I used a denim fabric with a herringbone weave and cotton ticking to give them a masculine feel.  The straps are the nylon type used on backpacks, so they should be super durable.


I adjusted all the measurements down to 2/3 for the child size.  I really like the fact that the neck is adjustable on these because of the sleeve, and it just requires one long strap.  I'm going to play around with the design a bit and see if I can't incorporate that feature into a more frilly version.

Also with the order, was a request for an apron in Breast Cancer Awareness fabric.  There's a whole line of those and they coordinate beautifully.  The fabric is a little pricey, but its for a great cause.


These projects were the first chance I had to use my new labels.  I feel super official now.


And as just a little teaser, here's a sneak peek of a project I'm currently finishing up.  I plan to finish hand stitching the binding down this weekend.


Have a great weekend, hope everyone enjoys their 3 days off!

No comments:

Post a Comment