Saturday, August 17, 2013

A few things

I have some aprons ready to ship out.  I tried new method with the straps on this one.  I made sleeves on the ruffle apron for one long strap to run through so that the neckline is adjustable without having 2 sets of ties.  I also found some cute coordinating grosgrain ribbon, so I used that as as opposed to making my own.


My mother in law asked me to make a quilt for someone she knows that's doing a Minnie Mouse nursery.  The mouse head and bow are appliqued.  The name and year will be, too.  I still need to satin stitch around them, right now they are just ironed on with Heat'n'bond.  It's going to be really cute, I have red minky for the backing and plan to do ruffles around the edge.


Cheer season has already began, my classes start Monday, and my daughter's school starts Thursday, so I have started using a planner to keep track of everything.  Shaley had one that she hadn't used, so I decided to make a cover for it.  The peace signs and such on the front really weren't my style.


I used mostly scraps, notice the black polka dot is left over from the apron at the top of the post.  But I have some newsprint texty prints that I've been dying to use, so I cut just a smidgeon of each to incorporate into it.


Of course I had to use some Anna Maria Horner.  The big floral piece on the back is leftover from my kitchen balance.  I'm using a Kindle to download my school books and I ordered an orange case so it would be easy to find in a full bag.  I like to coordinate, so I trimmed my planner in orange, too.

Shaley is begging for a book bag made from a print she loves that we actually got for free because Fabric.com sent it as a mistake.  Their customer service is the best, if they send you the wrong thing they just let you keep it.  Of course as soon as I catch up I have 3 more new projects lined up.  Hopefully the planner will keep me organized as intended and I'll be back here soon with more fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment