Friday, June 21, 2013

Prep Work

I've started working on the orange, grey, and blue crib set.  I'm using Medium Grey Kona for the cording on the bumper pads and for some of the piecing on the quilt.


I made sure to get the cording finished first.  I didn't want to accidentally use to much of the fabric on the quilt and end up having to order more, especially since fabric has to be bias cut for cording.

Then I did a rough sketch of the quilt design, deciding about how big it would be, and how many squares I needed to cut.


Those fabrics are Kona White, Kona Robin Egg and Kona Orange.  Lots of 6 inch squares.  I know typically 5 in squares are used since they are sold in charm packs, but I most often use a 6 inch quilting ruler. Six inches just seems like an easier size to work with to me.  I'll be chain piecing these into half-square triangles.  I've matched the pairs and marked the diagonal lines.  I've also cut the pieces for the crib skirt.  Once I get these blocks pieced, pressed, and trimmed it should all start coming together pretty quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment