Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Chevron Top Finished

I had all of the HSTs put together for the baby quilt, so after pressing them I sat down in front of the TV Monday night to trim them all to 5 1/2" square while watching Defiance and Teen Wolf.  I'm not sure why science fiction and quilting go so well together, but it works for me.


I usually like to have something playing in the background on TV while I'm sewing, especially if I'm going to be ironing a lot since I can see the living room TV from my ironing board.  I got all the blocks together in rows then pressed the seams open before sewing those together.


I keep my sketch handy while I'm putting everything together and refer to it often.  It's really easy to turn something the wrong way or get rows out of order.  I got it all put together today and pressed the seams open again between the rows.


It started to rain just as I finished up, so I hung the top right in the window for a photo.  I love how it looks like stained glass since you can easily see the seams while its back lit.  This top is 8 blocks wide by 9 tall.  That works out to roughly 40" x 45".  Next step is basting and deciding how to do the quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment