Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Baby Chevron Quilt Complete

I finally finished the layette set I have been working on for a friend.  I don't have a crib to display the bumper pads and skirt, but the Mommy-to-be has promised to send me a pic once she gets it set up in the nursery.  I definitely wanted to document the quilt though.  I never get tired of chevron.


I made it a bit larger than the standard crib quilt, hopefully he will get a few good years of use out of it.  The solids are all Kona Cotton.  I backed it with Michael Miller Backyard Party in grey.  Such a perfect fabric for a little boy.


I quilted along the diagonal lines of the chevron pattern with pale aqua thread.


I used a double binding of the Kona Robin Egg and the geometric print that was used for the bumper pads, Moda Ticklish Joking Around Explosive Orange.  I love to add a little detail when I can.  I always stitch my binding down by hand, it's like added a special little TLC to each project.  The process really makes such a difference in the transformation from work in progress to finished object.

I'm excited to start my next set, another friend wants one for their upcoming baby girl.  Everyone I know that's had a baby in the past 2 years have had boys.  I'm already researching ruffles and other methods of adding frilliness.

3 comments:

  1. My Cousin just requested this same quilt for her nursery. I know the blue is robin egg, but do remember the other two Kona fabrics you used for the grey and the orange?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medium grey and orange, they didn't have fancy names :)

      Delete